13 December 2013

Self-portrait

Hello everyboby!
Today I wanna show you another side of my creation. As I could mention earlier, I study at university (one half-year remains), and my speciality will be "Technology of art processing of materials". We studied such subjects as drawing, painting, ceramics, art casting, hot enamels, etc. I'm not so good at drawing I think, but I like casting and processing of metal products. Here we make everything ourselves, from a sketch to finished product (except only for metal casting process itself, cause it's too complex for students). In this semester the topic of our coursework was "Self-portrait in form of animal or plant". As I think I'm sometimes can be very lazy, I imagine myself as a three-toed sloth. But my sloth is not simply hanging on a tree or laying on a sofa) If he interests in something, he can be concentrated. He is also a big fan of HammerFall and many-many other metal bands \m/ And I think you can recognise what he's doing now)

It's made of brass (vacuum suction casting), processed and covered with patina.
Do you remember her? :D

And two WIP photos: wax model (later I had to separate sloth from base) and casts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Up ⇧